Saturday, August 3, 2013

Opening week for Aicher's Pop Kustom Shoppe at Crafted

On the first day it was Friday, a weekday and things were understandably slow so I made all my tags and kept real busy with the final loose ends and got things all put where they go. I did make a bunch of contacts and passed out cards. I forgot to put the Free sign on the Atomic Fireballs so nobody took them. Today was Saturday and the rumor was that the San Pedro celebration might make things slow, but we had a rep down there and the famous Grilled Cheese Truck was at Crafted so there was lots of traffic. The Fireballs were a hit and in the morning I made many more contacts. Then my Sister stopped in with her Childhood friend Katy Kay, her husband Mike Woolsen and her mom Cecelia. I had not seen Katy since she was little. Her husband Mike broke the ice and brought my first sales. He bought 2 paintings and a shirt. My Sister bought a painting too. I felt so happy I almost cried. Soon after my pal Chris from the band High Anxiety and his friend (forgot his name, sorry) stopped in and Chris bought my Cowboy surfing in the desert painting and his friend bought a signed copy of Jack Grisham's (from the band T.S.O.L.) book "Untamed" (all of you know I did 30 drawings and the cover of this book, right?) I have signed (by me and Jack) copies for sale at the booth. So, by the second day I had enough to pay my rent! I was sticking to my diet, so to celebrate I went over to Krazy Korner (also at Crafted) to see Olga and flip through the lp's. I bought a minty copy of The Pirates of the Caribbean ride soundtrack lp with a cool book of folks on the ride in the 60's. (I got a good deal too.) Hope to see all my friends down there soon. (I am so lucky) Thanks so much for making this first week so great you all! Come on out and say hello Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 6pm at Aicher's Pop Kustom Shoppe inside Crafted 110 22nd Street, San Pedro, CA 90731

No comments:

Post a Comment