Thursday, August 7, 2014

Adventure Day Thursday 8-7-14



took a trip to the OC again for some good old tymie inspiration ....and it was time to get off the couch. I was originally going to the ceramics shop and art supply warehouse with a buddy, but he slept in so I soloed this one. I decided to stop by Amazing Comics in long beach first. I found a (kind of late) birthday present for my sister who will be in town this week. For myself I found an Iggy Pop action figure which is stone cold metal cool! They had an Astroboy but he was stuffed, and stuffed toys are not my deal... Almost got him but decided not to spend my whole budget there. I moved on to Kellys Toy Stop in Bunea Park on the corner of beach and ball (kind of a new spot I really like for old toys). I found a few older things there. One was an old 1974 talking batman alarm clock. It needs repaired though (if anyone knows where to get this fixed email me: popkustomshoppe@gmail.com) The shop next door had a few good things too. Across the street was a small kids amusement mini park with a mini White House where they have weddings etc... Also in there was a hobby shop premier hobbies (I think that was the name...) I found a Star Trek Scotty hot wheel and of course I had to get it. They had lots of snake and mongoose and hot wheel stuff and many cool kits. Very surreal town. Loads and loads of skanky hotels and wandering vagrants and yet they have lots of good shopping places. The strangest hotel I have wondered about is the Robin Hood hotel. I think it's in my top ten of places I never want to stay at. Overall, a pretty nice day. I am one lucky guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment