Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yes, even MORE new shows and a quick update.

"American Vacation" by Scott Aicher (acryilc on canvas)

So Twinkies and all Hostess (including the Hostess name) should be back by this summer. They got bought by Pabst. (I don't drink anymore, but about once a year I have a beer, It's usually a PBR. You know, like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet?) so anyway... I have another Gasoline Gallery 1916 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA show on May 11, 2013 called 3 Bills because it all priced under 300 bucks. The last show there was packed and they had free rum and beer for those who drink, so don't miss it (see my photos from the last show Against the Grain 2 Skate Deck show by clicking HERE) but first is the Side Show Gallery grand opening show in Bakersfield, CA on March 23rd, 2013 (see ad below) (I just painted one for it that is mailed off today called "American Vacation" see it above? It will be on sale for $650.00). The Zask gallery is now called the South Bay Contemporary (I think) I have a show there this June that is judged by a jury panel (not sure what I am putting in yet.) that will be in Palos Verdes (I will try to post details in this post.) Then later this year another show in Palos Verdes (This one is at The Palos Verdes Art Center I believe) that show is a self portrait show. I know earlier this year I said I would not be doing art shows much, but these popped up and they are local (sort of) so why not? the "Untamed" by Jack Grisham (TSOL, Joykiller, etc...) which I did about 30 or more plus cover illustrations is in production now and expected out in the next couple of months on Punk Hostage Press Books (The link to the FB page is HERE) I made a custom painted skate deck with the "Untamed" cover art for the last Gasoline show and... It SOLD! The woman who bought it came all the way from Washington to check out the show and stayed at a hostile to save money to buy the art (something I would have done in my 20's) I talked to her for a bit and she was very interested in learning more about this style of art. My sister is due in for a visit. We are going to see my Grandmother who has been ill for a while. My mom has been doing a great job at taking care of her and now I need to help. Special Thanks to Mark from Gasoline this month. Good to know some friends are still working as hard as you are at doing you own thing. He has had a full ear load of my complaints and always leaves me feeling confident. I feel like I got my second wind and I am ready for the rest of this year. So far it's rolling out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment