Friday, November 21, 2014

Rejected!


An old friend who I had not spoken to in a while (mostly because he always wants to use my art to make money for him) called me this week with yet another job for me. It had a 3 day deadline but I was promised a good payday and I really thought maybe this friend was trying to help me out. He baited me with old stories to get me excited about the project and even talked about taking a road trip to visit another friend. Everything was awesome... I got the work done and sent it in. Once it was in their hands I was told it wa not what they wanted even though I sent lots of concept art and sketches. It looks like I may not get paid at all for 3 days of my life, but sometimes just getting people like this out of your life can be the reward. The job was for a hotrod company. The art that was rejected is posted above. I was told it was too much of my thing... My first mistake was picking up the phone to talk to him. 

My new path has less of these people on it. I am glad this happened. I signed no contracts so I guess I still own all of this art. I am sure they will try and sell it to the company they were working with. Who knows.... I just draw the art and stay on the path. Humans sure are strange sometimes. That's how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment