Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thoughts on blogging my thoughts....


I was going to quit blogging, but I was told it helps with therapy. I admit I do it for therapy and to exercise my writing skills. One day they will make movies from peoples blogs I am sure of it. I get the reward is clearing space in my head when I write things out. I don't know who reads it besides me. The fact is it helps me let things out. Sometimes I think maybe someone will get some benefit from it. I can say what I want. When I started taking steps to a life I wanted I realized I wanted less from computers and electronics and more to talk to people face to face. To make art by hand, eye, pencil, pen or brush. Opening my shop helped me get back to talking to folks in person. We have disconnected so much. So many folks on their phones and computers while their kids grab desperately for their attention and love. Most of the work I do is lost on many. They don't see the care and time it takes to make it. Often I get asked, "do you use computers to make art?" Well, yes, that's how you clean up your ink drawings now and how you advertise you day to day things. I get sick of entering passwords, updating software and apps, and I can't really afford a better computer. My cell phone is the Ford Pinto of the cell phone world, but so what? When I started my diet a few months in I really noticed how much media we buy into. I had to look at the Pizza ads as Trans fat cheese, with even more oil fat plus bread carbs that turn to sugar with all the processing and chemicals added topped with loads of salt. The Nutty candy bar has fattening oily nuts surrounding a loaf of sugar and extra, extra salt. This was the lesson. I have started to guard what I have. What we all have in America... Freedom of Choice. Would you pay more for American made or Organic? Do you care? I may get a new computer one day. I may buy things made in China from time to time. I may even eat Pizza and Candy again, but I will try and make the right choice and exercise my mind away from what I am advertised to do. Hopefully I have learned that I can still connect with real people face to face. I hope I don't make a dungeon of my home and remember to get out and breathe what's left of the clean air we have. You are worthy of a good life Scott... don't waste it. As for fun today I got the new lp on white vinyl "Danger" by The Last and it brought me back to the mid 80's and kept me in the present at the same time. The Last's L.A. Explosion and the Descendent's Milo Goes to College were always great Hermosa Beach/Redondo Beach/Hawthorne classic studies in surf, punk, psych and California Lifestyle just waiting to be crammed together like peanut butter and chocolate. 30 some years later you got this lp. You can hear "walk don't run", Stiff Little Fingers, The Byrds, Beach Boys and all kinds of influence. The Pilmsouls should have made a record this good, but never did. Green Day seems plastic in comparison the the real emotion and feeling expressed within. My buddy Craig's stencils should have been the front cover, but hey, Ray Pettibon will do. Should you buy it? It's your choice, but it is low sodium (I think, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment