Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday 2013 is under way... here comes 2014!

So my superhero training is still under way, but of course x-mas happened. I did pretty good. We had Lasagne x-mas eve with Caesar salad. Not on plan but sometimes you need to enjoy a good thing when you can. I have been really unhappy with the transition (back to food) class. I am disappointed the instructor never introduced our group when we joined the group in progress. The class before this one dealt with emotions of why we eat and all of us worked as a team. This class is breaking the personal bonds we made and is more about what kind of food to eat and how much. I guess I need to suck it up and get it done with now. I missed last Thursday and the instructor stopped by where I work on the weekends and reminded me I missed class. Is she breaking my balls or is she really concerned? The class is a real wet blanket now. I recommitted back to my path today. I watched Kick-Asss 2 and realized the hard part is next. Not just eating better but getting more exercise. Later today I will get on the elliptical wheel for a bit and soon bike rides. I got a Baby Taylor Guitar for x-mas that will be fun to take with me wherever I go and keep my hands busy and my brain focused. We missed our nephews but it was fun. Most of the family had me painting things to give the others for the last few months and it was fun seeing the surprised faces when the got their personalized art. I gave a painting I did of my grandparents (who has passed on) laughing and wearing each others shirts to my dad. Hopefully it gave him some good cheer. He just lost his best buddy and is having a tough year. My mom lost her mom this year too. I gave her a sun I painted for myself once to cheer myself up. I hope I did some good this year. I am learning to be a better person. Sharon as usual made us all feel at home and her decorations, cooking and Holiday cheer made it a real good Christmas. I could not have got through this year without her guidance and love. Chet and Coco were good elves too. 2014 is looking to be a good year too. I feel like I am finally on the rebound from a bad depression. We have only just begun to live... (Karen Carpenter?) Watch out for the man and don't take s*it from jive turkeys....

No comments:

Post a Comment