Thursday, April 16, 2015

Rewards and celebration.

I did some online shopping last week to celebrate getting my booth fixed up. I also wanted to celebrate without food, so this works just fine. I needed some new chucks and this time I went with low chocolate brown. I kind of wanted the new Warhol soup can chucks but they were too pricey. Since I saved some dough on the chucks I indulged on a Gigantor Hikari figure which as you can see is pretty dang rad. Growing up I collected Records by The Dickies and this reminds me of their 7" single "Gigantor" which I never did get because I went for about 100 bucks or so back in the 80's. I think you can get re-issues today on epay. (I still want a yellow vinyl copy and my birthday in June is coming up).
I got so much joy watching all the hardcore punks act like the kids they (we, I was one too) were singing and dancing along to this tune at every Dickies show. (I saw them a lot) They still tour all the time and are without question one of the best bands ever out of Los Angeles. giaaaaaantor, giaaaaantor....gi gaaaaaahnttorrrrrr. like that. Now you try....

No comments:

Post a Comment