Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cleaning the Studio

I was cleaning the studio today and this time I am trying to really getting it to look right. I picked a corner and started in on re-organizing one set of display shelves. Along this journey I found and old skull I started about the time I got the desire to be a Kustom Culture painter after seeing the first Kustom Culture show at Laguna Art Museum about 91 I think? I started it way back then and it sat unfinished until today. It took me 20 years! I don't know what kind of art I make now, but I don't know how many more skully type things I got left in me. Every time I think no more Kustom Culture it creeps back in. I did just watch the Robert Williams movie Mr. Bitchen and it did not really capture how outside this art really was then. Then it was yet to explode. I think Robert deserved a better documentary, but at least he has one finally. This skull I did had my "Old" apprentice hand in it, and obvious nods to the trinity of Bob, Roth and Dutch. The wings are kinda lame, but that was as good as I was then. The eyeball has my fine lines I did way back then and the new work has the new flow going. The studio is far from done, but when I finish I will post the new look here. Pretty fun to see this done at last. Had lot of dust moving around the studio and I did not want to change things up too much as to throw off the mojo it has now, but change is good and it's time to move forward a bit. I made a small pile of salvage to chuck too. Tomorrow I work on it more. Good day of work.





No comments:

Post a Comment