Monday, March 17, 2014

Daily Affirmation March 17, 2014

I have a lot to look forward to. I just got a few records in the mail of a record cover I designed for a band called High Anxiety and that is a real cool thing to be proud of (and I am). I have the Code Blue book I did with Jack Grisham which is going to have a cool release party (it will be a fun night) I just sent the (code blue book) poster over to Steve at the San Pedro Art Assoc. to have it framed up right so I can have it for my display at Aicher's Pop Kustom Shoppe when the books get in. I did some online shopping so I will be looking on the porch for some new music and toys soon. The Prometheus soundtrack should be fun to paint with. Also got some CCR, New Eels and new Beck to get my groove on, but I am really stoked to be getting this figure I call "Batwest" a new Huge Adam West Batman figure (or call it a doll if you want... it is pretty big) I think it will give me some mojo juice. The real thing I am all giddy about is the upcoming Batman 66 TV series dvd box set which is due out sometime this year. The first memory (earliest) I can recall is when my family lived in an apartment complex in Hawthorne, CA my grandma owned. I was about 1 or 2 years old (1969? ...maybe 68) It was Halloween and 2 kids came to the door dressed in store bought Batman and Robin costumes. (My mom claims that it was my 2 uncles who lived next door) I have never forgot the colors on the show. I remember Batman, then the Monkees, then Brady Bunch before dinner on TV. All those colors! I still have lots of painting to do but for now I need to play some red ball toss with Chet and look at the plants in the backyard.













No comments:

Post a Comment