Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Kissmainia! The final chapter?


So here is my latest fanboy report. Paul Stanley book is due at my door today and all the smack talking has got me kinda bummed. I read a good Ace interview today that put some kind of clear thought to it all. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had good intentions (and a big payday for themselves in mind) when they asked the original 4 to play and be inducted, but now Captain Blood has stopped it to show us all one more time who steers the boat and holds the loot.... and once again Ace and Peter get thrown under the bus to down play their contribution to the band (resulting often in the pair being fan favorites). I have heard the Paul book bashes Gene pretty good too, but what I want to know is my answer to Paul's age old question "Do You Love Me?" ....after this book I assume I will have my answer. I am considering an honorable discharge from my post as a General Major in the Kiss Army after my 30someodd years in service. My father in law stopped over with an article about the Kiss football team's first big show and i think we might be better off seeing a Cubs/Dodger game some time instead. The last time Kiss lost me was not "The Elder" it was when they took off the paint. I liked that they made new characters instead of using Ace and peter's masks. I think the current line up is fine if you are a new fan especially if you are in the military and like football, but the jocks beat me down for liking Kiss and my parents told me if I did not get it together they would send me to military school, so where does that leave me? Ace said it best/ Our fans stuck by us for 40 years and we can't give them 10 goddamn minutes? All this may be hype.... maybe they will play and surprise us all (I hope so) but I would not count on that. Peter Criss may have to add another tear to his make-up or at least get a chance to take a poke at Gene and Paul after being kicked in the nuts so many times by them... or just let Pete sing Beth. I scored a Fonzie Mego on Epay today... and new Batman TV show retro megos look good (Box set dvd soon I hope). I heard Neca is making Robin and Joker 1/4 scale figures and I think I will set aside some pennies for that day. Prometheus 2 Paradise is underway so they say and Star Wars 7 I just don't know about what to think on that.... maybe they will make a rival football Star Wars team to play LA Kiss? I have a subscription to Batman and Aquaman right now so I have not been down to the local shops in awhile, but I do need to check for a Batman 66 and see if I am current on that soon. My sister is in town soon and I would like to see the Muppet movie with her, but she may just want to spend time with my mom. I want to see Monuments Men, but it's gone now. I went through my lps and purged a bit which means now I will be thinking new again soon so I pre ordered the new Pixies and ordered the new Off! and Doyle cds so I should be swingin to the beat soon. Now and then I write down songs in my book which may get worked on as soon as my band dudes get back from their touring... I have a concept for an awesome lp and I want to get it done in this lifetime and I am not getting any younger (I need to kick my own behind in gear on that one) The mailman just left off the book just now... check back to this blog for my opinion of it. As far as Kiss Merch I am really brunt out on it. Most of it today looks real cheap and dull. Most of the Marvel and DC toys are made for small kids now (which I can dig, but they look too Graphitti Hip Hoppy, just not my thing) lots of the new toys are done now with 3d printing so look out toy sculptors (I once tried my hand in toy sculpting). I did see some new figures that you can build and mix and match parts that looked fun. Hot wheels have gone almost full plastic now but at least they are making some fun new things with it even though it's very "High Tech Modern" robot/redneck flavored Hot Wheels are at least moving forward. Ace Frehley says he is making a new album so we should get that any year now. As for my upcoming projects....  I know you are all waiting for my next book with Jack Grisham (Code Blue... It's a short story illustrated adults only art book based on his famous TSOL song) and it's on the way (at the printers now) and it got selected to be a movie too (go Grisham!) I should be getting a few signed copies that I will have for sale at Aicher's Pop Kustom Shoppe at Crafted craft market 110 E22nd Street, San Pedro, CA 90731 (in warehouse 10 I am there Friday thru Sunday from 11am to 6pm) I will also have them for sale on my website (scottaicher.com) to pre-order get to jackgrisham.com and save your spot for one today. (It is a small run, so do miss it!) other things are happening very fast and I am taking small steps into new ground everyday now and trying to stay on the ground, but this bird wants to fly so I am building my wing strength day by day.


No comments:

Post a Comment