Thursday, October 20, 2022

Painting finished today

 


Worked on a painting for about 10 days. I kept it close by and added to it until it finally got done today. This picture above is from the outline on the canvas board. I might use it later for a project idea I’m working on. It’s full color now and I was worried about the varnish distorting all the mixed media I used on this one but I put down a very thin layer base coat and let that dry before the next two coats. Turned out really nice. Stay tuned for more on this project soon.

I still have many things I want to get done yet. Finally got our new grill going this week and we had two big Texas rib eyes a big potato and salad side the other night and it turned out just prefect. The steak was very lean and we used a Jank season rub which made the flavor kind of like a sweet worchtershire type of bonus spice. The Jank is my favorite Texas barbecue sauce at the moment. If you have one to recommend please let me know and I will try and find it and review it for you.

Nice a cool out lately. Beautiful weather here. Texas beef is beyond belief it so good. We have had quite a few bucks, does and fawns on the lawn. My wife got her hair did today.
Got a few records to spin tonight on my Victrola.

Happy Trails to you all, until we meet again- Scoocher

No comments:

Post a Comment