Thursday, October 6, 2022

Scoocher’s Marbled Supreme Sandwich



 I have been trying to give up sugar completely. I do get cravings so I switched to more healthy choices. We get these little single scoop ice cream cup deals here at our market which are super premium flavors so they are working great for us.

Sometimes the sugar in ice cream makes me sugar crash even a little bit of it. So I started to switch to organic local honey instead which is very good for you. 

I should use wheat bread toast for this recipe but I found my favorite is a super fresh baked marbled rye bread we get. Makes all the difference. 

So toast your bread and pour on a good spoon on each slice of toast. Make sure to spread it out to the edges so it gets in the nooks and crannies. The toasted bread combined with the honey makes a kind of honeycomb affect after the next step.

Over the honey spread a really good amount of creamy or crunchy peanut butter. I thought I had a peanut allergy but I was eating processed peanut butter before and the local peanut butter does not give me stomach pains like the major brand processed one did so, that is why I recommend the best peanut butter you can find. I had switched to sunflower butter for a long time which I still love too, but good peanut butter works best here.

You can put peanut butter on each upward facing side of toast (two slices) or peanut butter on one and cream cheese on the other. I have a recipe for a quick pre made “princess spread” (well that’s my name for it) you can mix this ahead of time to save time. I will save that for last…

So next, if you are like me and don’t always want to eat prunes for fiber or drink smooth move tea every day you will want to heap a huge amount of raisins on one peanut buttered honey side. 

Now jam those sides together and smoosh it good. Cut it down the middle and almost forgot… use a paper plate in case of drips so no clean up.

I find this helps sweet cravings and I did give up all soda and just drink water or sparkling water with a hint of orange or berry but this sandwich deserves a good hot cup of coffee on the side. Enjoy in good health!

Princess Spread: we get an 8oz container of whipped cream cheese usually. When it’s about half gone I pour in a good amount of room temperature organic honey and room temperature smooth peanut butter. About 4 good tablespoons of each of these. Mix them all up in the cream cheese container and let set in the fridge until you need it later on.

If you don’t have whipped let the regular get soft enough to mix in the honey and peanut butter.

You can add pretzels to your Marbled Supreme as well.

For the Ultimate Marbled Supreme sprinkle on chocolate Jimmie’s or chocolate chips.

This recipe brought to you by ScoocherArt.Com

Good Morning and Happy Trails to you, -Scoocher

1 comment: