Monday, January 6, 2014

My new baby

The Green Guild
 I had a goal that when I took care of my weight issues that I would take a trip to Claremont to buy a Baby Taylor at Ben Harper's Folk Music Shop. Kinda just a road trip excuse, but I have wanted a Baby T for sometime now. This Christmas Sharon told me I never gave her the opportunity for her to buy me something really nice as a gift. Just before Christmas eve I was up at Alva's music in Pedro getting another baby of mine fixed after being broken for about 20 years my 1979 guild electric with stickers from trade shows and I painted it with 4 cans of Ed Roth Green Flake spray model paint I bought long ago at a hobby shop. I needed new pots and a new bridge pick up. Duncan (great kid, does good work) put in a creme Joe Satriani humbucker to match my old creme seymore duncan. Anyway.... I started browsing at the Baby Taylors. I had a little saved for a rainy day and it was a bit rainy, so I made an attempt to get a good deal on one. I got the deal I wanted and on the way out I realized how grinchy this whole thing was. I had to make up a story for Sharon as to why I bought another guitar. I took the guitar to my shop. My brother in law Andy stopped in to visit and suggested I get it gift wrapped at the gift wrap station and sneak it in as a gift (so Sharon would not know what I had done then when I opened it it would be Christmas eve and she would be in a good mood). Did I need a new guitar? no. but I reward myself now and then now with non food things and I have been really good this year. This was a guitar I would mark this achievement I made this year with and I can enjoy it whenever I get bored and hungry. Was Sharon mad? Well, not really.... I don't buy motorcycles or hotrods, but I do love art books, guitars and comic books, toys and sometimes lp records. I always have. She will more than likely get new shoes. (and yes I got her some lovely things for Christmas) She is the best thing that ever happened to me in my life and a really amazing person. We are both happy that I found new health this year. Next year I am supposed to learn some Christmas songs and play them next Christmas Eve as my punishment for being naughty. I got off pretty easy, but I may get a lump of coal next year in my stocking. One day I will take the drive to Claremont, but I am glad I shopped local this year for Christmas. After New Years Coco our norfolk terrier hurt her back. We gave her time to heal, but by January 2nd the swelling was so bad we took her in to the vet. She had to spend the night but is home now resting and recovering. She will be fine. Our crop of fruit came in this year from our trees at home and they are awesome. The Cumcuats are tangy and sweet and the Tangerines are the best I have ever had in my life (no joke!) I hope the rest of this year is as good as last year. Last year was lots of change. I got healthier and opened up my shop. It was a lot of hard work, but well worth the ride. I also got my bike last year and this year I plan to really ride it a lot. I also want to get back to playing music with friends and work on new art and songs. It's going to get very busy and I am ready for it thanks to baby steps. Full steam ahead!
Fruit off our trees... so good!

Coco resting on my Superman custom pillow from Kelly at Vintage Stop at Crafted.

Our boy is concerned for our little girl.

 
Me and Baby T.

No comments:

Post a Comment