Saturday, April 23, 2022

Happy Record Store Day 2022

 






Here’s what I did this record store day… #vinylcommunity on YouTube if you want to find out about record store day and other record collectors. So after a few months of putting this off we finally built this second record cube storage shelf unit today. The first one I did mostly on my own while I had some health issues and it was a struggle and I had to ask my wife for help at the end part of assembly. With her help we managed to get the first one done. She kept asking me for months…”is today the record cube assembly day?” Yesterday was once again supposed to be it and I put it off again. Well today being record store day what better way to celebrate than to get this done and get my collection put in order (that’s the next part). 

The only thing that looked really essential to get for me was that Golden Smog ep with the Chris Mars art on the cover. I have the cd so I don’t need it but might try to track down a copy later online. So I got going after some coffee and made sure to take many brakes as last time it was too much. I got too stressed out. This time was much easier as I remember what to do from the last one. I took my time and set everything up in the living room with much more space to put it together. My wife and I kind of looked at each other on the last part when I needed her help as if to say “here we go!”. I went together super smooth! We were listening to a streamed copy of Nick Lowe’s greatest hits I ordered the other day on cd which should be on the way here soon. I had remembered how much I liked listening to him with my uncle and some of the guys back in the print shop days used to play him while we worked all day printing. My wife liked my choice. Kind of music from our era. Elvis Costello really borrowed from him from more than a few songs on this one.

So after two hours…it was done! Together we put it in the studio in it's spot. Looks good! After the Nick Lowe stream ended it randomly went into 100,000 years by Kiss from Off The Soundboard 2004 in Virginia Beach. It was so funny! I did feel like it took 100,000 years to get done! Ha! 
It was good to hear that. I have the green vinyl of that coming soon. I’m really enjoying that show. Lots of fans don’t care for it because it’s not the original line up, but I think it’s going  to be remembered later on as a classic show of it's time. I guess I’m collecting those off the soundboard records… I’m enjoying it. 

So now I can finally get the clutter on the floor in my studio put away and have room for our dog to enjoy the space with me. We need a rug next for him in there to curl up on. Still need custom shelves to display my toy collection, but this is today’s victory. Felt good to stretch a bit and accomplish this. What a great team I have. I was going to make YouTube videos about my records but it’s all out of order and so jumbled I don’t even know what’s in it. So after that, maybe some videos? Fist things first. One thing at a time like my dad always said. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Hope you all are having as beautiful a day as we are here! Happy Trails and God Bless You All -Scoocher

No comments:

Post a Comment