Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Some exercise today by cleaning the studio


 Did some record shelf organizing today in the studio. Got all my Kiss records to fit in three cubes at the top. As I went through it all I played my cd copy of Kinks Everybody’s in show biz which is my favorite of theirs. All three of my uncles always loved it too. I might have it on vinyl as well but it’s all jumbled out of order now. Another record my uncles liked was Snazzmanass by Flamin Groovies which also has a cartoon character cover. I never had that on vinyl but ordered it last week and as I was going though the records it showed up on the porch today. Must be my uncle saying hello from the great beyond. Found my copy of The Saints I’m Stranded too which he also loved. One that he got me into. I got my copy about 1981 at PV Records in Rolling Hills courtyard mall which is long gone now. They had great used bins full of punk records then for about 3 bucks each. I often saved my lunch money and got a record after school instead. I played that record a lot over the years. I might have another one by them in there. Not sure. I found Los Lobos Will the wolf survive and Mott the Hoople Brain Capers too. I saw Steve Carlton’s Sunday morning show with Kat featured that Los Lobos a month or so ago and I wondered if I still had that one…yep, I did! Found Rodney Allen Rippey lp I had and Mac Davis Hard to be humble which my day liked to sing all the time in the truck. In my room as a kid I had a banner from jack in the box that said “take life a little easier” which was Rodney’s catch phrase. That’s a great feel good record. He would also hold up a jumbo jack in the commercials and say “it’s too big to eat…” 
Exploring my collection and discovering so much to be thankful for. Grateful to have some time to discover forgotten treasure buried in my record shelves that were blocked by my canvases for about 10 years or more. I purged a lot when we moved and I’m not really sure what’s even gone it went so fast. Grateful to have any of it at this point in my life. My heath seems to be improving. I had been doing a cleanse but my doctor put me back on my medication that I was not sure if it was working. I think this time it is now. He had me get compression socks for my legs and that’s helping a lot. I have plans to start swimming soon so I am trying to get exercise of some kind most days to build strength so I can start that. I got some new trunks and a swim shirt in the mail last week for it. Been going on the Kiss FAQ message board and reading the latest things happening in the End of the Road with them. Lots of good Kiss things lately. I love those two Peter Criss solo album reissues by the Rockologists. If you are a fan I recommend those also to anyone that likes 80’s Billy Joel type music. They are fun records. Enjoying Kiss Off the Soundboard releases too. Tokyo 2001 is really good but I was surprised how much I’m liking Virginia Beach 2004. Paul’s voice is a bit challenged and there are some rough moments but it’s real and there is a revitalized energy from the new line up that year… different and not as good as the original four but pretty strong and the deep cuts on this tour are sweet. I got it on cd and keep thinking about maybe getting the green vinyl. I might yet. Hope you all are finding some joy out there. Happy Trails and God Bless You -Scoocher

Also, Rest In Peace Gilbert Godfried who I heard passed today. Have a laugh on his behalf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment