Thursday, April 28, 2022

New things! Finally getting my studio perfect.



This week I got a Victrola 7in one stereo unit for the studio. It plays cd, cassette, vinyl records (33, 45, even 78!), has fm radio that works great and Bluetooth for phone computer and iPad. The ceramic needle is not good and I’m told wears out clean records so I’m trying to only play older vinyl on it. I looked into diamond tip styluses but not sure if the ones I found were legit. Anybody know or have this unit? Seems to really sound pretty darn good from the built in speakers but you can add external speakers with the outlets in back. I’m good for now and very happy to get this unit. It was pretty affordable too. I’m told it’s better than a Crosley. It looks nice next to my home made record cabinet I built years ago with my father in law.




Next up I was told by my doctor to get compression socks to treat my ongoing gout battle (which is much better) so I got this three for 15 black pair and got them in plus size due to my claves being swollen. They were more like tights and really tough to get on and very tight at the ankles. So I got this other pair which were listed as for men and women in the widest one they had. They had three choices; black, rainbow hearts, or these that were called yellow stripe. I went with that. They had a better fit and we’re a bit more durable from better materials. One pair was as much as three of the other kind. I even got an extra pair later. Seem to help quite a bit. I start my exercise stretching class this week too. I’m getting mobility back and my mind seems much clearer this month. I’m getting used to the medication for my condition and I’m trying my best to remember to drink my water during the day.


Also in the mail this week was my new Scoocher stickers I ordered for all new orders from popkustomshoppestore.com
They are on die cut reflective vinyl and look amazing in the light. Perfect for your computer, journal or skatedeck. I am getting lots of books to add to the site to sell there from Punk Hostage Press whom I have been doing a lot of illustrations for. Working on some this week even.

I’m expecting my new southwest style rug this week and hopefully my dog will like it and take naps in my studio while I work in there. It’s his space too. He does not really like dog beds. Most times he likes to lay on the rug or couch.

I need a big chair still and my custom cabinets may get done very soon. Still alphabetically organizing all my records and cd’s. DVD’s are done. Toys will go on the new shelves and one shelf will be for new paintings to lean on.

Did all my reference research for my next Uncle Bill painting assignment I will start in the morning. This one has Martha Raye, Imogene Coco, and Richard Decon in a bakery shop. Should be a fun one. I’m glad my uncle has enough wall space and so many ideas for these commissions. You too can have Scoocher paint something for you or a loved one. Email “Scoocher” here: popkustomshoppe@gmail.com

You can find all the links to my store and to contact me on my website www.popkustomshoppe.com

Hope to hear from you and hope you all are doing well. Happy Trails and God Bless You All, Scoocher

No comments:

Post a Comment