Friday, June 10, 2022

Countrified Strat Project


 

Decided to get this Squier Strat done up right this weekend. Spent a day deciding on parts and upgrades for my no-to-low budget I have for this head scratcher. Looked up some you tubes videos and took notes. Let’s do this! Your gonna want to put yer favorite country station on the radio. I got my compression socks on for leg comfort.

Before you start anything make a list of what you need.

I ordered black parts. New tuning keys, bridge, pickup covers, scratch plate and back plate (in Pearl marble gold)

Ordered goo gone, a new power sander and paper for it, got out some tape and markers, screw driver, pliers, whatever else…

I might need new strings but I think I have a spare pack someplace yet so I’m looking for that…

You want a catch ‘em’ up cup or something to keep all them screws and springs in. Don’t let any get away from you.

 

Get your strings and and head tuners off first. Take off the back plate.



You will need some goo gone to get off all the sticker goo if you got that… I do…

 
Took this to remember what screws go to the bridge, but I ordered a black one with new black screws so probably won’t matter. Better safe than sorry.



Once you get yer catch ‘em cup filled. Bag and tag it and seal it up so you don’t lose anything.


Take off the scratch plate with all the pick ups and things still attached. Leave them on until your are ready for your new plate to load up. 




Lucky for me my wife made us a good eatn’ chicken stuffing crock pot dinner last night and I took a minute to heat up some leftovers for lunch. Gave my hands a rest. Refilled my coffee cup. Gave my dog a pet on his head and took some deep breaths.


This is where the jack wires will need to be re soldered to after you cut them. I cut mine close to the connection spot as not to lose wire length later on. There is a ground wire that goes to the back spring tree you need to cut too before it all comes loose.





Take many pictures. This is the road map in case you don’t understand electrical like me. You might need to solder all the connections better later too. Most important! After you cut a wire tag it with a note where it goes back to later.


Read for the next step… getting the sticker goo and dirt off then get ready to sand it down. 

That’s in the next blog. Stay tuned… it’s on the way as soon as my ordered things get here.

Thanks for reading! Keep it Mella Fellas… Scoocher


 

No comments:

Post a Comment