Thursday, June 30, 2022

Herb From the Curb Sauce Review *Updated!

 

This one was what I selected from the stash today. Just finished off  The Jank which was the one to beat that just had it all. Sweet and thick brown sugar sticky, nice heat (I got spicy and it got more funky with age) a nice smoke but more sweet which is just how I love it.

I got spoiled by The Jank. This time I wanted a pallet cleanser that was different. Grabbed this because it said “herb” so I was guessing it to be less sweet and thick and more garden ripe type a thing. It is. More tomato ketchup based. Like a hunts tomato not Heinz. Probably some garden herbs too. Good spice, pretty mellow at the pop off but I’m sure it will rock louder in a week or so. Very nice smoke! Mesquite and you can taste it. This one will be good for the grill next time.

Put it on my go to hatch chili turkey burgers out of the air fryer for 20 minutes from frozen. Two Dave’s buns from frozen microwaved 40 seconds. Two slices of Easy Melt.

I really love this sauce. Might go better mixed with a bit of mayo as a salad dressing? Maybe better on grilled chicken I’m thinking. This air fryer turkey burger needs a lot of help and the Jank just kicked it better.

This Herb from the Curb was more Lionel Ritchie than The Jank’s James Brown and the JB’s. Still funky and almost had me dancing on the ceiling. It’s a good one but that Jank I could drink all night long.

Here’s Dave’s buns. A good go to better choice than other buns. Does have some nutrients. Even better with a tomato or onion slice added on your burger.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed it!

Next time I’ll try and get the grill fired up. Find out what this one tastes best on. Remember, it’s all just a matter of sauce…

See you next one, God Bless You All- Scoocher


update!: let this one sit in the fridge for a few days after the pop open first time. Those spices got busy over a day or so. Had cold leftover herb roast chicken breast in the fridge. Cut it up in strips still chilled and put a big pool of this chilled and aged sauce on the plate. It got thicker. It got hotter. The heat won’t hit your tongue, it goes right in back near the tonsils and just lets you know it’s there. Not too hot just a good tickle hello. This is a really good sauce. Even better as it ages. Kind of like me. 

Try this one! It creeps up on you.





2 comments:

  1. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll have to give this one another try! Four Escobars has my heart at the moment, but that’s just me. I’m glad you’re enjoying all the sawwwce πŸ€ŒπŸ€™

    ReplyDelete