Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Things I noticed here lately

 


Made new business cards today. This is the front design. They will be 3x3” square with a note section on the back. If you get a few from me know that you can use them as coasters for you drink if you don’t feel like keeping my number or contacting me. So you don’t have to just chuck them….

I have been more aware of nature here. Back at our old place we had a few critters like possums and raccoons. Sometimes a few city squirrels but they are different from squirrels here. Skunks. Maybe a coyote might wander looking for a cat to snack on.

The homeless at our old place were right outside camping out in front of our house. Often they were good natured but would easily get set off if approached. Humans. 

We had critters hanging out on our lawn here before we got here. Deer. Deer families. We have seen many birds like chimney hawks and once a little critter met it’s end outside our garage driveway. We prepared to go pick it up but before we could turkey vultures picked it clean.

Red paper hornets are all over. I was worried about getting stung but they really are not aggressive unless you are.

I watched a few today after fitness class. Hummingbirds too. They were collecting nectar from plants. We have painted buntings, sparrows and cardinals that play with the squirrels over birdseed. Mostly in the morning we watch that show in our backyard while we have coffee.

There’s a rocker bench chair I sit in after class and watch nature happening. 

We drove around a bit of our neighborhood and it’s so different here. Lots of brick houses. The street names change a lot. The same road might have three different names.

Some of the signs are hard to spot. All have different colors.

Quite a few confusing turn outs and road twists.

Our dog is getting the best sniff time of his life. He’s loving all the nature here. He’s got more room to play.

I painted a guitar for my wife from the inspiration from our new surroundings. I have much art I want to get to and I am journaling ideas and even started a new comic book the other day as I was sketching for fun and practice 

I’m paying attention to things more. Going slower and taking more time with things. Learning to be patient and listening to my inner voice that tells me to slow down and breathe.

Rested my hands the last two days and the carpel tunnel is fading now.

It’s late and I need sleep. Tomorrow more coffee with the backyard occupants around the bird bath.

Thank You God for another great day!

-Scoocher

No comments:

Post a Comment