Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Creamsickle Squire Telecaster

 


I got this guitar at a friends guitar shop back in California. I traded in a Black Dean Nashville Telecaster I had put a blue Pearl pickguard on. It was black. I liked that guitar but this one called my name when I saw it. Not sure why. The Dean I had was cleaner and nicer. This one had initials carved in it. It was not worth as much. I played it a just not sure why but I had to have it. I got it home and decopauged art on it but it peeled off. Decided to paint it later sometime. I decided to change the guard. It was white I believe….I looked at options and finally asked my wife who suggested orange. When I set it up it looked done. I put one of my stickers over the scratched in initials. Ready to go. Not sure why but it’s a favorite thing. Not worth much dollar wise but I’m attached to it. Most of my guitars are budget ones I could afford. I just love guitars and never thought I’d have one as a kid because back then they cost so much and there was fewer of them.
I looked up the serial number and it said it might be a 1990. 
Now that we are here in Texas it reminds me of Wattaburger colors too. The colors go with the studio colors so I’m enjoying having it out right now. I may put up my Little Jenny guitar and tell that story later. That guitar has been stored away for awhile now.


Spinning some old records this afternoon. Had hatch chili air fryer turkey burgers on Dave’s whole wheat buns with spicy whattaburger catchup and easy melt cheese. Was choice goodness. Played the first They might be giants lp on bar none original first press. Ry Cooder Chicken Skin Music I got used on eBay just before we left for Texas. Perfect music for this location. Played this Hoodoo Gurus. I think this was originally mine but may have been my wife’s copy. Have not spun it since the 90’s and it help up good.

Might play some Los Lobos. That Ry Cooder definitely had their tone in spots but I think Ry borrowed from Freddy Fender whom I also spin a lot here. Just sounds right.

Finishing done drawing next. My hand is feeling a bit better after some carpel tunnel. Might be able to get some drawing going today. Have to start the next Uncle Bill painting too. (Their is an Uncle Bill page on my website with paintings we do together.)

Until the next post… Adios! -Scoocher

1 comment: