Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Such a perfect day…

 

Got some of my favorites today in the studio. Fresh sharpies, mechanical pencils and a good easer for my current sketch book. I have been good not having sugar so today I got out a roll of my favorite necco wafers from my stash. My very favorite is spiced gum drops but those have more corn syrup and they don’t store as well for a long time so neccos are my go to vice. 

Got records in the mail! Been waiting on one shipment since April so I was surprised it finally showed up. It was from last record store day.

Here’s what I got today:

My best friend in junior high and I loved certain moves that came on cable tv that we watched all the time. They shaped our lives. Rock and Roll high school with the Ramones, Over the Edge with Matt Dillon, Devo playing satisfaction on SNL, and my friend eventually became a tour manager later I think this movie Roadie with meatloaf had a lot to do with that. The thing we liked was they had Cheap Trick songs in them. Everything works if you let it is the prefect mix tape song for the girl you want I think.

Great movie if you have a chance to check it out.

Should be better known for its importance to rock and roll and maybe meat loaf’s best movie next to rocky horror. I miss Meat Loaf… Rest In Peace. We also live in Texas now and this is a prefect Texas movie.

Check out all those great tunes! Such a great early 80’s soundtrack!

Cool gatefold of featured characters… Debby Harry is this is so incredibly hot! If you like Blondie you should see this one.

Got this one on EBay pretty darn cheap. Has a cut out corner and a ding on the bottom but no ring wear and bright clean cover art. Great art cover. I can see this must have influenced a lot of my art subconsciously. 

Really fun to get this one! Grateful to have it!

My uncle used to take me on record safaris years ago. We went to Rhino in Westwood, capitol records record swaps and more. He had a powder blue beat up karmann ghia and a bunch of cassette tapes. I remember Nick Lowe tapes. Especially Labour of love. 

Last record store day they had a Nick Lowe release and I went even deeper and got two others. Somehow it got lost on the way here. The tracking info stopped listing updates and I went back and fourth with the post office and they said to contact the shop. I did. Toad Hall gave me a refund but said “if they show up, please pay it back…” we both were thinking I was long lost but today it showed up and I sent back their refund money.

Thank You Toad Hall Records in Chicago! Honest people who care. I recommend them and thank them for trusting me and for their professionalism. Very happy to support small business.

Pink translucent vinyl!

Kind of a deep green splatter vinyl. I was expecting much brighter but it did say trash bin splatter green.

This album is know for having many different titles and cover photo changes. Even different songs. This one has all the songs from each of them.

Got the old magic too. One of his more recent ones. The jackets are a little thin but they arrived without damage.

Just took a few months is all…


Spinning all these today in the studio media room. Having a good time. Playing the double vinyl Roadie soundtrack now. Man, I love Alice Cooper too. Always one of my favorites and he has a big role in the movie. I will probably watch the dvd today too. Going to put on side four now…

Take Care out there! -Scoocher



No comments:

Post a Comment