Saturday, July 2, 2022

Fitness Class is what’s happening…

 


Been going to fitness class. It’s called Silver Sneakers. Getting mobility back which is really nice. Having better luck getting up stairs. Got to work on balance more but I started on it this week. Really enjoying my new friends in class and love the instructors. Not one bit of judgement for my size just encouragement. 

It’s by the river and you can sort of see it from the window. I checked out the pool this week. Not ready to swim yet but it looks nice and it’s indoors. Most days I got my stylish compression socks on. Helps the gout out. Got some really sporty slip on extra wide silver work out sneakers I am breaking in still. My feet get so swollen it’s tough to jam my feet in them but they got some sweet cushion.

My size still keeps me from some flexing and now and then I sit one out but I’m paying attention to what I need to work up to.

I’m getting more oxygen to my brain here. The air is clean. I have had asthma my whole life and when I was young I had a real hard time playing sports (I did though. Baseball, Soccer, skateboarding) 

We have so much to see and I am in no rush. I want to savor this place. Get to know it slow. Our nephew got a new barbecue with a smoker so I am really hoping for some smoked trout. It’s been way too long since I last went fishing and I’m ready to get back to it.

I got my ronco pocket fisherman still. My uncle had one he used to bring fishing and a while back I got one one E pay. I got to try mine out soon. 

This weeks top album is my new copy of National Hoosier by Otis Gibbs. I really enjoy his YouTube videos and my wife and I both love this album. Great artwork even on the inner labels. Sounds really great. Nice flat thick vinyl. The songs are just right. Very comforting and truthful with a lot of heart.

I think I need more of this music from him and Amy too.


Had a bit of depression and prayed for guidance. I was having trouble sleeping. Started thinking about a mural I want to paint. I remembered in college a teacher had a poster with the Lion laying down with the Lamb. He told me the way it went in the Bible so I looked it up because I was already up and awake. The internet had a different version with a wolf. I talked with my wife about it when she got up and she said they changed it. I have a physical bible and I will check that next time. 

I might take a nap soon or turn in early. Feeling better now.

One thing I am wondering also. I have an Ion turntable my mom bought me for my birthday at Costco years ago. It’s the kind that hooks up to a computer or old stereo.

My old receiver is a techniques I believe. Sony CD player that’s the good one. From the 90’s with Bose bookshelf speakers. That’s my good stereo. Is this okay for mofi records? Anybody got advice for me? 

My new affordable player is an all in one Victrola model. Has a ceramic needle and they say it’s not good for the records but that’s my main player and I love the low fi sound better truthfully. Not sure why.

Should I save up and get something new if I’m going to get audiofile records? If you have some advice please post it in the comments. 

Thanks for reading my rambling. Love to you all, Scoocher

2 comments: