Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Thought I’d something more to say…

 


Listening to the radio today in the studio. Worked for the last two days on art. Made a new painting for Uncle Bill. Started making some psychedelic art for the first time in a very long while. Was very familiar but different getting back to painting my own paintings again. It’s a good start. 

I missed a day of fitness class this week. Felt like time to paint so I did while that felt right. Had some Chili Mac for dinner the other night. My wife cooked it for us. The canned chili here tastes fresher and maybe less preservatives and more natural beef. Just tastes better. Maybe it’s just me. Not sure… put some Easy Melt on it. It’s like Velveeta cheese. Comes in individually wrapped slices. Probably not the most healthy things to eat but I do love them. Put a dollop of sour cream. Folded in the Easy Cheese towards the middle so it would melt. Of course the Mac is Macaroni Noodles. Little Elbow Noodles. If you eat from the edges and save the center cheese filling which is now melted under the macaroni occasionally spooning in some sour cream that seems to not only be fun but enhances the experience. My wife spoils me by cooking for us quite a bit but I plan on doing some grilling for us soon.

The weather is good outside to grill. We had some Maxwell House this week which is our back up coffee but we got some new French Roast I think today. It tastes a bit fresher and stronger. Getting the house in shape today. Getting some plumbing done. 

Looked online this week for things I think I need. Got some new canvas and sketch pads. Ordered some things from small businesses too. 

The picture is of a few of my Shogun Warriors and K2SO droid from Star Wars on one of my new shelves I recently put up in the studio. Still really proud of myself for going to fitness class and getting healthier… enough to get this done. Somehow I knew I would get it done myself in time. God Bless my doctor and my friends support at fitness class. Long way to go yet. Big improvement all the same.

Picked up a vinyl lp record by The Nerves called One Way Ticket. I have listened to them for years and the members other bands too like The Plimsouls. Finally got around to getting this best of compilation album. Their song you might know is “hanging on the telephone” which the band Blondie covered and had a radio hit with back in the day. Both versions are great. Peter Case is one of my favorite singer songwriters. Saw him live a few times. He has a great sounding voice and he used to teach songwriting at Mc Cabes in Santa Monica, CA as I recall. 

Played some old records last night too. Blasters debut lp on Slash Records, fIREHOSE if’n lp on Sst Records… long time since my wife and I spun that one. Brought back some memories and was good to hear that one.

Working Man by Rush playing on the radio right now. Finishing my coffee. Hope you are finding some kind of happiness or whatever you’re after today. Grateful for all who are reading my blog. 

Projects getting done and art to share with all of you shortly… stay tuned… Thank You and God Bless You,

-Scoocher

No comments:

Post a Comment