Saturday, July 9, 2022

Four Escobar Sauce Review 2022 Updated!

Four Escobar Spicy Barbecue Sauce from Waxahachie TX

Thought I got enough sauce on the bun. The same thing as last time. Frozen turkey burgers air fried, Dave’s Whole Wheat Buns, Easy Melt Cheese and of course…a good healthy splotch of sauce on each bun top and bottom.

Last time I really made and extra big sauce puddle with the Herb from the curb sauce. This time I got as much as I could on the bun without causing cheese slide. It let the flavors of the turkey burger mingle with the sauce and melted cheese nice. Kind of a tangy sauce. Notes of habenero or chilies but not that hot, but remember…this is the pop off opening. I’m thinking heat will build. Label says spicy so I’m thinking that will happen. A black pepper note too. Good to know before you season your meat. This has the black pepper already.

Got my barbecue all put together and just need to hook up the tank to get it going. Chicken drumsticks I’m thinking next for this. I’ll add to this review later and let you know if that heat kicked up. Stay tuned. Nice complement to today’s lunch.


Update! Made a big size pool of this sauce as a dipper this time to get the full on smothered bun and test the heat at full volume. Cut up the turkey burgers (air fryer Again) slider size, added som melted Swiss.

While this is spicy like it says it’s got mild heat. Does not burn as much as a kind of tender sting at the middle of the roof of the mouth. (Last sauce was back of the throat more)

Definitely a black peppercorn sting. I looked at the ingredients and it said Peppers but not what kind. Also some worchteschire sauce and anchovies which explains a little of the funk profile. Corn starch way down the list and up front was Kane sugar which is what you want. 

I can’t eat corn syrup. Sets off my gout. Don’t think it’s in this one. It’s really good. Different from the other two.

Trying to stay away from processed or artificial sugar this week and most days. I’m told Kane sugar processes better and natural sugar in fruit is even better if you have a craving.

I have necco wafers in the cupboard and I’m trying not to go there at all this week. So far I’m choosing right. 

Had fitness class today and that helps keep me making good choices. 

Thanks for reading. Next up is one called Sweet Heat and another called kicked up or something like that. Those sound kind of hotter. 

Good Grilling! Have a bitchin summer y’all! See you next sauce…. Scoocher

 

1 comment: